Monday, August 23, 2010

Jer. 1:17-19 (my loose paraphrase)

"I have given you a task.  Hitch up your jock strap and get on with it.  I know you are frightened, but you can choose: you can choose to be afraid of them and not speak; or you can choose to be afraid of me if you disobey me.  I am much more to be feared.

You will need to be strong, not the kind of strength that charges at and overruns the enemy, but the kind of strength that stands firm, on task, unmoved, no matter how fierce the enemy's attacks may be.

Make no mistake about it, they will launch attack after attack against you, but they will not destroy you.  You will be able to stand firm in the face of the attack, for I am with you to deliver you."


Note there are three reasons to obey God.
1) If we allow our fear of men to control us, we stand in opposition to God,
2) AND we stand alone. 
3) But if we allow our fear of God to control us, we stand in opposition to the world, but we have a mighty ally. 

Which do you fear?  Who is your ally?

No comments: